Housing & Medical Services For Homeless Seniors
Working with the San Diego Housing Commission and local developers, St. Paul’s has created an all-inclusive housing and medical program specifically for homeless seniors.
To qualify, you must be:
- 55 years of age or older
- Homeless or exiting an institution where they were homeless prior to entry
- Have medical needs that require daily medical support
- Other criteria may apply
- Live in San Diego County
Low income housing, which includes:
- Project based section 8 subsidy
- Range, oven, microwave, refrigerator
- Physical, occupational and behavioral therapy
- Furnished interiors
Medical care, which includes:
- Doctors and medical specialists
- Home care
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Private bathroom
*Seniors will need Medi-Cal with no share of cost to receive medical care at no cost.
History of Supportive Housing Partnerships
Since 2013, St. Paul’s Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) has developed partnerships with various housing developers to provide wrap-around supportive services to formerly homeless (or at risk of homelessness) seniors. The developers provide the housing and St. Paul’s PACE finds the homeless seniors and qualifies them for PACE.
Below you will see the history of the supportive housing programs St. Paul’s PACE is involved in. St. Paul’s PACE has placed more than 200 formerly homeless seniors into “housing first” programs with all medical and social support programs provided.
Last updated on March 1st, 2021 at 8:25 am - St. Paul’s PACE website H5629 2102